Before that you would have to be either a doctor or an engineer because you had no other option. However now with the growing economy you can become other than a doctor or an engineer.
In this article we will talk about your career in hospitality industry.
And Hotel Management can be a great career opportunity if you are a graduate or under graduate.
hotel management Hotel Management
As I said Hotel Management is nothing new in the last 10 years, it has become very mainstream.
A lot of students opt for Hotel Management course once they complete their 10+2.
There are many reasons for this. Hotel Management is a stable career and you can easily get a job like an engineer.
Plus there are hundreds of new mushrooming colleges across the country, which means course fees have really come down.
Hence it gives an opportunity to others to explore Hotel Management as a serious career opportunity.
Hotel Management career in Future
Future of Career in Hotel Management
Before we discuss about the eligibility criteria, entrance exam, fee structure, type of courses etc., we need to talk about the future of hotel management.
What are the job prospects if you get a degree in Hotel Management?
In short the answer is great in the future as the hospitality industry is growing not only in India but across the globe.
So you have a great opportunity to go abroad.
In fact a friend of mine was a chef on a cruise liner. He traveled around the world without spending any money.
As far as Hotel Management is concerned, the future is very bright. However you need dedication to be successful.
Different Types of Hotel Management Courses Different Types of Hotel Management Courses
Now you need to know the different types of hotel management courses.
1. Food and Beverage Course (Food and Beverage Course), This course is about learning Food and Beverage Operations. You got to learn different things of serving customers, kitchen, dining room, staffing, purchasing, inventory etc.
You will also get real world experience.
2. Manage Customer Relationship (Managing Customer Relationships), You learn how to manage relationships with the entire hospitality industry. You learn about guest satisfaction, consumer behavior, reward and loyalty programs, service and many more.
3. Hospitality Finance and Accounting Course (Hospitality Finance and Accounting Course), As the name suggests it is all about finance and accounts management. Here you will learn the basics of the financial operations involved in a hotel business.
You learn about the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow.
4. Hotel Marketing Course (Hotel Marketing Course, This course is about branding and marketing. You learn this course so that you can generate revenue and brand recognition for the company.
You learn marketing concepts like segmentation, brand analysis, marketing principles etc.
5. Hospitality and Law Courses (Hospitality and Law Course), Here you will learn about the law and other types of regulation. You investigate all legal aspects that apply to the hotel industry. You must be a graduate for this course.
6. Technology for Hospitality Industry Course (Technology for the Hospitality Industry Course), The last important course on our list is technology. You learn about computer systems and software currently being used in the hotel industry.
You learn the various aspects of IT that affect business operations.
So these were some of the basic courses that you need to learn to make a career in Hotel Management.
Eligibility Criteria and Entrance Exam for Hotel Management Courses
Who can apply for a degree in Hotel Management?
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a degree in Hotel Management course is very simple.
You must have completed 10+2 from a recognized university or board and English is compulsory with 45% marks.
So this was the educational qualification.
How do you get into college?
Well you have to give an entrance exam conducted by government or private institute.
The students are selected on the basis of merit.
You get admission according to the rank secured in the entrance test.
The process is very fair.
How much will you charge? How Much Fee Do You have to Pay?
Now you might be interested in how much fees you have to pay to get a degree or graduate program.
If you are going for a private college, your fees can be anywhere between Rs 50,000 to Rs 100,000 per year.
If you choose a government college then the fee is Rs.40,000/-. 50,000/- to Rs. Might be possible.
So you can see the difference between government and private colleges. Talking about government colleges, the fees are half.
Taking out Educational Loans and Scholarship Programs Taking Educational Loan and Scholarship Programs
If you feel that you cannot charge college fee for both private and government then you can Educational Loan can go for.
however you loan required to qualify. You must be an Indian with an annual salary of Rs 150,000/- and secure loan 75,000 for Rs.
You can also look for scholarship programs. Some colleges are ready to give 10% discount up to 75%.
You’ll have to find out more.
Some of Great Colleges for Hotel Management Courses Some of Great Colleges for Hotel Management Courses
1. Indian School of Business Management and Administration, Mumbai
2. M.S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (MSRUAS), Bangalore
3. Vedatya Institute, Gurgaon
4. Empee Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Arumbakkam, Chennai (Empee Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Arumbakkam, Chennai)
5. Indian School of Business Management & Administration, Kolkata (Indian School of Business Management & Administration, Kolkata)
6. Suryadatta College of Hospitality Management and Travel Tourism (SCHMTT), Bavdhan, Pune (Suryadatta College of Hospitality Management and Travel Tourism (SCHMTT), Bavdhan, Pune)
So this was an article about Hotel Management Courses in India. I recommend you to go for career in hotel management because the job prospects are really great and you get to travel all over the world.