Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana was started on 13 January 2016 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The goal of this scheme is to reduce the economic burden on the farmers due to the loss of crops due to natural calamities. Rabi, Kharif, annual commercial and horticulture crops are included under this scheme.
What is the goal of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana?
farmer crop insurance scheme The goal is to keep the rate of premium for farmers as low as possible. More and more farmers should join this scheme and get all their crops insured, this is the goal of this scheme. In this scheme, the state and central government pays half of the premium amount. Farmers have to pay the insurance premium in installments. Which is kept very low.
When will you get free ration – know new updates
How to take advantage of crop insurance scheme –
- For online application of crop insurance scheme pmfby.gov.in Go to website.
- After that Farmer Corner option in which Apply for Crop Insurance by Yourself is written. Click on it.
- After clicking on this option guest farmer Click on
- After this a form will open for making new registration. Which has to be filled completely.
- While filling the Fasal beema Yojana Online Registration Form, the verification of your mobile number, Aadhar card and other basic information will be completed through OTP.
- To insure crops, you have to fill the options of Personal/Residential Address, Bank Details and Crop Details carefully.
- Keep in mind that while applying, you must have the farmer’s photo, Aadhar card, measles number paper of the field, proof of sowing in the field, etc.
- After filling all the details successfully, you will see the option to deposit the first premium at the same time.
- After making the payment you will be registered for crop insurance.
Svanidhi Yojana: Get the land of the population in your name
New update of crop insurance scheme –
The Agriculture Ministry has approved the use of drone technology in the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana. Following improvements from this decision PMFBY will come in –
- This will help in monitoring the health of crops.
- The use of drones can be used to get a better idea of insect attack or crop damage.
- The smallest discrepancy in the crops will be detected.
- The height and density of the plants will help in taking care of water supply, disaster management etc.
Purpose of Prime Minister Kisan Fasal Bima Yojana –
The objective of this crop insurance scheme is to increase the agricultural yield in India. The main objective of this scheme is to give relief to the farmers from the following problems which are hindering agricultural production –
- To help the farmers whose crops are destroyed due to accidental incident.
- The objective of Prime Minister’s Fasal Bima is to encourage farmers to take up farming with modern technology and use modern agricultural equipment.
- Providing credit facilities to farmers by the government, so that crop protection can increase production.
- To increase the income of the farmers so that they can be engaged in agricultural activities.
- To increase the rate of agricultural production in India.
- Doubling the income of farmers by making them self dependent.
- Making self-reliant India campaign a success
Special features of Kisan Fasal Bima Yojana –
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana has been made for the benefit of farmers. The following are the salient features of this scheme –
- Under the crop insurance scheme, the insurance premiums to be paid by the farmers have been kept very low. So that farmers do not face any problem.
- Crops related to Rabi, Kharif, Commercial and Horticulture have been included in the scheme.
- There is no maximum limit for government subsidy.
- Therefore, the government will pay whatever premium amount of insurance is left.
- Farmers have nothing to worry about.
- The use of mobile is mandatory in the crop insurance scheme so that farmers can find out the loss of their crops immediately.
- So far, more than 9 thousand crore rupees have been given by the government for the crop insurance scheme.
- Artificial disasters have not been included in this plan. For example, theft, burglary, fire etc.
- This scheme will generate interest in agriculture to the farmers.
- The government claims that this scheme will reduce the risk of farmers committing suicide.
Crop Insurance Scheme Online Terms and Conditions –
- The benefit of the scheme can be found by applying online.
- Online application has to be made within 10 days of sowing of crop.
- If your crop is damaged due to any natural calamity from the sowing of the crop till 14 days after harvesting, then you will get the benefit of this scheme.
- Farmers will have to pay 2 percent interest on Kharif crops like paddy, jowar, millet, sugarcane etc., 1.5 percent on Rabi crops and 5 percent on annual commerce and horticulture on the sum insured.
- The use of mobile or computer by the farmer will give more transparency in the scheme. Therefore, farmers must use modern technology.
- By making any kind of flattery in the scheme, fooling the government will not get the benefit of the scheme.
View MGNREGA Job Card List 2021
Documents required for getting crop insurance –
- Documents related to farmer’s land
- Identity Proof like Aadhar Card or Voter ID, etc.
- Farmer’s residence certificate
- Must have account in bank.
- Application form and sowing information etc.
What are the risks covered in Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima?
risks of standing crops ,If there is destruction or damage to standing crops due to drought, flood, water logging, storm, storm, tornado, lightning, cloudburst, attack of germs and diseases etc., the benefit of the scheme will be available.
Risks associated with sowing seedlings
Damage associated with sowing seedlings due to deficient rainfall or unfavorable seasons has been included in the plan.
Local calamities like heavy rains, landslides etc. are covered in the plan.
The benefits of the scheme can be availed in case of damage to the crops left in the field for post-harvest drying due to heavy rains, storms, cyclones, unseasonal rains.
Which risks are not covered under PMFBY?
War, nuclear risk, fraudulently trying to take advantage of the scheme, etc. will not get the benefit of the scheme. Because these risks can be prevented.
Who will do crop insurance?
- Farmers will apply for crop insurance. Insurance will be done by the state and some private companies.
- In case of any inconvenience to farmers or delay in getting benefits, the central government can impose fines on insurance companies.
- Under PMFBY, emphasis has been given to farmers to use smart phones.
- So that they can get information related to weather and crops at the right time.
How to check your name in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?