Post Office RD Interest Rates 2021 : Investor Post Office Recurring Deposit (Post Office Recurring Deposit) I can deposit money little by little every month! And this process of depositing money lasts for 5 years! There has been no change in the Post Office RD Interest Rate during these 5 years. The investor gets interest for the full five years at the same rate at which the account was opened.
Post Office RD Interest Rates 2021
India Post which has a network of 1,55,015 post offices. Provides small savings schemes and insurance services in addition to normal postal services. According to the official website of India Post – indiapost.gov.in, out of the nine savings schemes offered by India Post, Recurring Deposit or RD Account offers an interest rate of 5.80% per annum. Interest Rate on Post Office RD Account on Post Office RD Account (Recurring Deposit Interest Rate) Quarterly compounding happens! Post Office Recurring Deposit allows customers to save a fixed amount every month and earn interest income on it.
5 Year Recurring Deposit Account 5 Year Post Office Recurring Deposit Account can be opened for 5 years only! Once the period of 5 years is over, it can be extended again for another 5 years. Overall, the Post Office RD Account can be continued for 10 years. The investor can open this account jointly with his/her spouse, child, guardian or acquaintance. Any number of accounts can be opened for Post Office Recurring Deposit.
Post Office Recurring Deposit Interest Rate
|rate of interest||5.80% p.a.|
|Minimum Deposit Amount||100|
|maturity period||5 years|
|defaulter fee||1% pm|
|advance deposit||6 months|
|Maximum number of deposits||No limits|
Features of Post Office RD Interest Rates
- The post office RD interest rate for the current financial year is 5.8% compounded quarterly.
- The minimum tenure of Post Office Recurring Deposit is 5 years.
- Minimum deposit of ₹10 is allowed in post office RD accounts. There is no maximum limit for deposit in RD account.
- For non-payment of deposit amount in RD account, you will be charged ₹ 1 for every ₹ 100.
- Joint RD account can be opened for two persons in India Post.
- You can get a discount if you have deposited at least 6 months in advance!
Who can open a Post Office RD Account?
- A single adult resident in India who is above 18 years of age.
- Maximum 3 resident adults can collectively open a joint account in their own name.
- A guardian can open an account (Post Office RD Account) on behalf of a minor
- A guardian can open a post office RD account on behalf of a person of unsound mind
- A minor who is above 10 years of age can open an account in his own name.
- There is no upper limit on the number of accounts a person can open individually or jointly.
Post Office RD Interest Rates 2021
The minimum amount required to open a Post Office Recurring Deposit Account is ₹ 10 per month. There is no maximum investment limit!
Post Office RD Interest Rates 2021 maturity Period
The maturity period of Post Office RD Account is 5 years. On maturity, a Recurring Deposit amount of ₹10 per month gives a return of ₹725.05! According to India Post, the post office RD account for five years can be continued for the next five years on a year-to-year basis.
Post Office Recurring Deposit : Premature Withdrawal
Post Office Recurring Deposit Accounts (Post Office Recurring Deposit Account) Withdrawal up to 50% of the balance is allowed after one year. However, it should be repaid in lump sum along with interest at the prescribed rate at any point of time during the operation of the account. In case of death of the depositor, the full maturity value on Post Office Recurring Deposit (RD) is limited to ₹ 50 denomination, subject to fulfillment of certain conditions, according to India Post.
Also know :- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List 2021-22 : New list released, see your name like this
Atal Pension Yojana Details : Atal Pension Yojana Eligibility, Contribution Chart and Benefits
All About E Shram Card: Know its benefits, complete information including necessary documents
PM Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 Connection: How To Apply For Free LPG Gas Connection, Know Here