In today’s article I am going to tell you all that What to do if passport is lost or stolen? Passport It is a government document, whose security is the responsibility of its holder. Having a passport is essential for international air travel. Loss or theft of a passport is itself a matter of concern, as it can be misused by the recipient or theft.
Go in detail.
What to do if passport is lost or stolen?
Passport which is a government document, mainly used for international travel. If you are from India or other country, then you have to go from your country to any other country, then it is very important for you to have a travel certificate ie passport issued by your country.
If you lose or steal your passport, here’s how You have to take the following steps immediately As if :-
- In connection with the loss or theft of passport First Information Report.
- In connection with the loss or theft of passport passport office Report and inform.
1. First Information Report :- In case of loss or theft of passport, the person has to file a First Information Report informing the nearest police station. While filing the First Information Report, complete information about the incident will have to be given such as:-
- where lost/stolen,
- passport number,
- passport issue date,
- Other related information.
Once the First Information Report is registered, a copy of it will be provided to you free of cost, which will be stamped with the signature of the in-charge of the station. This First Information Report will come in handy while applying for a passport.
Why First Information Report in case of lost or stolen passport?
Passport which is a government document, in case of its loss or theft, its holder has to file an information report with his nearest police station with immediate effect. If the beneficiary or the stealer misuses it, resulting in the commission of an offence, you may not be accused of that offence.
2. Passport Office :- It is essential to report the loss or theft of passport to the Passport Office along with a copy of the First Information Report, so as to apply for issuance of a new passport.
What are the documents to be carried while applying for passport retrieval in case of lost or stolen passport?
In the event of the passport being lost or stolen, the applicant has to submit the following documents while applying for a re-passport:-
- Present Address Proof – Aadhar Card,
- Proof of Date of Birth – High School Marksheet,
- An Affidavit with facts about the passport being lost/theft/damaged,
- Original of First Information Report,
- Original ec .Seizure Memo .